Followers

Friday, February 27, 2015

Different Worlds



We unapologetically make our way to the graffiti stairway. Spike chases after us. "Wait!" He pants. "Why did you invite is here?" I ask. "I told you, humble beginnings." Olivia sighs. "You don't know us." Spike looks down. "No, but maybe I would like to." I shake my head. "Right now, what you need to know is that this is not us." Spike appears perplexed. "You don't like the gallery?" He asks. "There are some nice parts." Olivia assures him. "Like the apple?" He asks. I grin. "Yeah, like the apple." Spike folds his arms. "You guys upset with me?" "I was , but I think I'm over it. This isn't my scene." I explain. Spike is dumbfounded. "What's not to like?" He wonders. I pause , reflecting on the question. "This is not how I view art. I don't think there should be a gap between high class and low class. I think art should be easily accessible to everybody." "You think we're creating gaps?" He asks. "I do." I say. He looks to Olivia. "You think that too?" "Kind of." She replies. Spike runs his hands through his hair. " I don't quite understand, but I'm not mad either." He shoots us a knowing smile. "But check out the Met, it's a good museum."

No comments:

Post a Comment