Followers

Sunday, February 8, 2015

Reunion



"What are you doing here?" I ask. Mr. Bones lifts his cigarette and places it back in his mouth. "Smoking." He replies, casually. "We mean how did you get here?" Olivia asks. "How did you get here?" He answers our question with a question. "We rode a dinosaur." I inform him. "That so?" He asks. I shake my head yes. Mr. Bones leans against the wall. "That's nifty." "Are we in the mountain again?" Olivia wonders. "I highly doubt that. There isn't much of that left." He explains to us. "Sorry we destroyed your home." Olivia says, sweetly. Mr. Bones shrugs. "Eh, you did what you had to do. You did do it, right?" "Oh yeah." I say without batting an eye. Mr. Bones takes a long drag. He exhales a grey puff of smoke while saying "Splendid." Mr. Bones puts the cigarette out against the wall. It leaves us in the dark again. "Oh dear." He utters about our current situation. He strikes another match and lights a cigarette. It doesn't throw off much light. In fact it strains my eyes using it as a source of light, but it is nice to at least see outlines and images. "It's dim, but it will work." He tells us. "Wait, I'm remembering something." Olivia says. "Yeah? Was it where to get a good drink around here?" Olivia ignores Mr. Bones' comment and puts her hands out. A pink stream flows out of her palms. We are soon encompassed in a large pink bubble in our small quarters. Olivia concentrates further making an electrical current run through the bubble. It is not as strong as some she has done in the past. But it does illuminate the cave.Mr. Bones looks on in awe. "Oh yeah. I remember that trick." He claps his skeletal hands. "Thank you. I know it's not as bright as it could be. It takes a lot out of me doing that." Mr. Bones continues to admire the creation. "No, it's perfect. Perfect way to start a reunion."

No comments:

Post a Comment