Followers

Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Gotta Find More

We went to the area where we had previously found the berries. The bush that we grabbed them from was now barren. It appeared as though we had plucked them all. "Are you sure we're in the right spot?" I ask. "I'm sure." "There's no use staying here. Let's looks elsewhere for the berries. " We did just that. We traveled deep into the forest. We stopped at every bush , hoping to find our beloved berries. No luck. Every single bush was barren. "I'm beginning to wonder if they actually existed. " I say. "Me too. Maybe this is good." Olivia replies. "How so?" "Well, it's not as if the berries were filling, and if we are going to be staying here for an indefinite period of time we need to find other sources of food." "How right you are. Perhaps we can find some animals." "You're not gonna kill them,are you?" Olivia asks. "I don't know anything about plants and we may need the meat." Olivia slowly shakes her head. "Ok, but you kill it." "It's a deal." Just then we hear a rustle nearby. "Looks like we found some animals." I quietly announce. I grab Olivia by the hand. I try to follow the rustling. I don't want to make a noise , so I track the animal as quietly as I can. This goes on for a while. "Can't we pounce on it?" Olivia groans. "I would if I knew where it was coming from." The rustling suddenly stops. I wait for minute to see if it continues. It doesn't. "I think it knows we're following it." Olivia whispers. "You're right." I stand and walk to a clearing. Olivia follows me. "What are you doing?" She asks. "He's here somewhere. " I scan the clearing. All I can see is flattened grass. Olivia comforts me. "You did your best." "No, I know I can catch him." I shout. Olivia screams. "What's the matter?" I ask, worriedly. She slumps over. I can now see a dart in her back. Before I have a chance to rush to her aide, I'm hit in the neck. My vision blurs, and I fall to the ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment