Followers

Saturday, February 20, 2016

Bad Breakfast

Breakfast was lackluster. What was supposed to be a delicacy of buttermilk pancakes topped with fresh fruit turned into cold, grey,  flavor less oatmeal. It did not go well, and many of the villagers did not finish. It was a slap in the face to the Cook. He angrily crosses over to my half of the table. "I know what did." He says. I play dumb. "What did I do?" "You know what you did. You know exactly what you did." "What did you do?" Olivia asks me. "He stole my alarm clock, preventing me from a timely wake up." I place the alarm clock on the table. "This clock?" I ask. "Yes, why did you do it?" He questions. "Had to keep you on your toes." I respond. The cook looks confused. "I provide the nutrition for this society. If I am not properly rested, then they don't receive the meals that they should be getting." "That's a tough break." I reply. "You don't care, do you?" He says. "Let them think for themselves." I say. "And how do you plan on doing that?" He asks.  "Simple, more pranks." Everyone on my side turns to me in confusion. " More pranks equals more fun." I continue. "Good God. You have gone mad with power." The Cook says. "Perhaps, but it is my kingdom, and I shall do with it as I please. And I want there to be more pranks."

No comments:

Post a Comment