Followers

Saturday, February 27, 2016

The Beaten Path

We figured that the cave had to be somewhere at the end of the island. Never having been there before we did the only think we could think of. We started walking down a deserted street. Surely this would lead us to the end eventually. The only problem was how would we know if we were walking towards the right end? We trudged down the road without having a clue if we were right or wrong. The hot sun was beating down on us. "Can we stop?" I plead. "We can't. We have to keep going." Olivia replies in a barely audible tone. "Wait, I have an idea." I say. I stick out my thumb. "Are you kidding me? We can't hitchhike." "Why, because it's dangerous." I ask. "No, because we haven't seen a single car for miles." Just then a yellow taxi cab pulls up out of nowhere. I turn to Olivia. "This could be our lucky day."

No comments:

Post a Comment