Followers

Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Speech

I'm not the best at speeches. Despite how often I may practice beforehand, I often lose my nerve. The words that I carefully craft in my brain jump out of my ear and run away. I am then left mumbling and bumbling. Fortunately it is a small turnout. That always helps. When I say small that's including myself, Mamba, Olivia, and the hunter. There were only three other people who showed up. The guard who doubts my claims of being the general, and a mother and her infant son. I white knuckle the podium and prepare my ad lib. "Today is a new day." I start. "Today is a day that will not be like any others because it is new, and fresh... and vibrant." My ad libbing is not going so well. I'm losing my crowd of three. "It's a different day because it's a day of tyranny." The guard interrupts. "It is no such thing." I say back. "It is a day of moving forward." "Why is it a day of moving forward?" He asks. "Show him the contract." The hunter whispers to me. I pull the contract out of my back pocket. I hand it to the guard. He thumbs through it to the last page. "That your signature?" He asks. I nod. He hands me back the contract. "Alright. I guess that makes you the new leader." "I thank you for recognizing my authority." I reply. "So, what kind of changes will you be making around here?" He asks smugly. "I cannot discuss everything that I wish to do right now simply because there is so much. It would take hours if I were to explain every last detail of my plan, but know this, progress will take place. Thank you." With that I walk off, leaving the crowd of three confused. Mamba follows closely behind me. He pulls me aside. "That was good, but you might want a more solid plan when we gather for meal time."

No comments:

Post a Comment