Followers

Monday, February 1, 2016

Balcony

The hunter stands on the balcony overlooking the lush, green valley. He sips on a piping hot homeopathic tea. "I see you are doing better." The Royal Cook says from the other room. "I am a bit." The hunter replies, still looking out into the distance. "My wife is out there somewhere." He continues. "Any idea where?" The Cook asks, stepping onto the balcony. The hunter shakes his head. "Safe, I hope." There is a brief moment of silence. The hunter takes a sip of his tea. "What do you think of it?" The cooks asks. "What's in it?" "Not poison if that's what you're getting at." "Doesn't hurt to ask." "No, but it does get annoying after a while." The hunter smiles. "I have to keep my guards up." The cooks sighs. "If I wanted to kill you I would have done it a while ago." "You think you could actually kill me?" The hunter says, smugly. "Anyone could have in your condition." "That's what you think. I had a plan all along." The cook rolls his eyes. "Unbelievable. I save you and not only is gratitude  throw out the window, but you act like you are indestructible." "That's because I am. I'm here, aren't I?" The cook shakes his head. "I imagine you'll be taking off now." "I have to. I have duties." "Right, well your bird is outside." "I won't be needing him." "But she also helped to save your life." "She did?" The hunter questions. "Yes, she did. So, you at least owe her a thank you." The hunter puffs. "You think this is stupid, don't you?" "I do." "I don't care. You're coming with me, and you will say thank you to that bird."

No comments:

Post a Comment