Followers

Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Question Todd

I found Todd alone in the kitchen eating leftover pudding. His back was turned to me, so it was easy to sneak up on him. "Hey!" I shout. Todd, startled throws his pudding spoon in the air. He turns slowly to me clutching his heart. "Sorry about that. Can I have a word." I ask. "I'm not going to turn this into another Wellness Center." He snaps. "Relax. It wasn't about that.Well, actually it sorta is." "What is it?" "Where did you get the birds from?" "What?" "The falcons. Where did you get them from?" "They're from the Wellness Center." He says, perplexed. "No they're not. They're from here." "Really?" "Yes. Your ancestors purchased them, and from what I know it wasn't a fair purchase." Todd leans against the wall. "My ancestors purchased them a long time ago. I didn't know it was unfair, but I suppose it wouldn't be  unheard of. So what now?" He asks. "What do you mean?" "You dug deep enough to find out that my ancestors may have ripped off the natives. You want me to burn for their sins now." "What? No."  "Then what?" He demands. "I don't know. I was curious." "Curiosity killed the cat." "Your damn right." I rub my face. "I'm gonna need a vacation." "Because of this?" Todd questions. "No, I just think it would be a good idea to get out of here for a while" "Where are you going to go?" "Not sure. I'll find Olivia and we'll take off on a falcon some where. You can start the transition turning this into a Wellness Center while I'm away." "You mean that?" " Yes, but slowly. Nothing dramatic. Just start by telling the locals about it. Get them interested first."

No comments:

Post a Comment