Followers

Friday, February 19, 2016

Pleasant Convo

I stood outside the Cook's apartment with the Hunter. The door to his place was massive. It was made of wood and had a lion's head door knocker. "It's something. Isn't it?" The hunter says. "It's impressive. I'll say that, but I don't you why you couldn't have just told me he lives in a loft above the kitchen." The hunter scoffs. I knock the door three times. A moment later a weary cook answers the door. He wears purple pajamas with a purple night cap, and his eyes are half open. "Breakfast is still a couple of hours away." He groans. "I know. I wanted to talk about something." I respond. The cook glances at me and the hunter. "Just me." I continue. The cook nods and opens his door for me. "Wait till you see the inside." The hunter whispers. I enter, closing the door behind me. I instantly notice high ceilings, hard wood floors, and Victorian furniture. "What did you want to talk about?" The cook asks, interrupting my scanning. "How long have you lived here?" "A few years. I don't really remember how long it's been." "It's magnificent." I say in wonderment. "Thank you, but surely you didn't come just to talk about my place." I don't respond. "You have got to be kidding me."  "Well, it's just so much." "You don't like my style?" He questions. "No, it's not that." "Then what is it?" "Everyone else is in caves." "Do you want me to live in a cave? Is that what you're suggesting?" He asks, angrily. "No." "I know, you would be a lot happier if everyone else was living like me?" I shrug. "Well, yeah." "I'm sure they are plenty happy and if they're not they can make something of themselves like I did." "I think it's a little more complex than that." I reply. "I'm afraid it's not, and I don't wish to discuss this matter any further.So, you can see yourself out." I stare at the door."Can I at least have a cup of tea to go?"  The cook sighs. "I suppose. " The cook walks to his kitchen. I scurry around, looking for a quick revenge. "Herbal or black?" He shouts. "Black." " I suppose I should do the same, but I would like at least one more half hours rest before I start breakfast preparations." Then it hits me. I run to his bedroom. There I find an antique alarm clock. I carefully place it under my shirt. I waddle back to the front door. Luckily, he is still in the kitchen. "You know what? I changed my mind." I shout while exiting. One the other side of the door the hunter eagerly waits to hear my tales. "How did it go?" He asks. "Could be better, but.." I pull out the alarm clock from under my shirt. "What's that?" "This would be a juvenile prank."

No comments:

Post a Comment