Followers

Tuesday, February 2, 2016

"Thank You"

The Cook walked the hunter outside. There they saw Penny grazing. The cook cleared his throat to get Penny's attention. "Is there something that you would like to say?" The cook asks like a parent trying to instill manners to a wayward child. "Yes.. thank you." "And?" The cook says. "You really helped me out. I probably wouldn't be here if it wasn't for you." Penny caws cheerfully. "Yes, I mean it. Every word." Penny nuzzles up on the hunter. "Hey get off me, would ya?" The hunter pulls back. "What will you be doing now?" The cook asks. "My work isn't done. I have to save my wife... and the others, but mostly my wife." Penny flaps her wings, excitedly. "What's all that about?" The hunter asks. "I think she wants to come with." "No." The hunter scolds. "Why not?" "I don't owe it to her." "No, you don't, but she could be helpful. She's already proven to be." "I go alone." He says sternly to Penny. "Why are you refusing her help?" "I don't need her." "You already said that. What is this some sort macho thing?" The cook asks. The hunter sighs. "I don't know how to fly." He tells the cook in a whisper. "Oh, that's no problem." The cook replies. "Yes, it kind of is." "No it's not. I know how to fly." "You would fly that thing?" The hunter questions. "Yes, I would." "You would fly that into battle?" "Yes." The hunter stares at the cook stone faced for a moment. "Isn't that against your interests?" He asks. "As I told you I'm the cook. I don't have political allegiance to anybody." The hunter takes a deep breath. "Fine. I'll be land and you'll be air."

No comments:

Post a Comment