Followers

Thursday, February 11, 2016

Chased

I did two incredibly dumb things. The first of which was running into a forest. I suppose in a mad dash for your life you don't think much at all. The only thing going through my mind was shelter and safety. Neither one of which would come to pass. The devilish fire breather would make sure of that. I like to say that the crackling wood behind me was a slap in the face alerting me of my terrible decision, but like I said, I did two dumb things. It gets much worse. I climbed the tallest tree I could find. When I reached the top all I could see was a blazing inferno consuming everything and everyone in its path. My only hope of escaping now would be to catch a ride from a falcon.
A falcon did show up, but only to finish the job. Ruth circled my tree many , many times. It made me quite dizzy. I didn't want to follow her with my eyes, but I didn't trust her one bit. She might strike at any moment. I scaled back only to have the branch I was resting on snap. I fell a foot. Luckily I was able to grab hold of branch on my way down. As I dangled, I noticed the end of the branch caught fire. With little time on my hands, I reached out and grabbed some of the flaming branch. I now had a potential weapon. Ruth circled around me slowly at first. Then she moved in for the attack. I raised my branch defensively. She screeched, and flew off. More than likely, she will be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment