Followers

Sunday, February 14, 2016

Party Crasher

"Look alive!" Peter shouts, alerting us of the guard creeping through the tall grasses. The hunter readies his bow. "State your business." He says. "I'm alone, and I am unarmed." The guard assures. "Why are you here?" The hunter asks, stilling aiming his bow at the guard. "You are wanted. All of you." "By who?" The hunter asks. "The monarchy is unhappy." "There is no monarchy. We destroyed your monarchy." The hunter screams. "And what would you be referring to?" The guard asks. "We killed your queen." The hunter remarks. "That doesn't matter because we are a monarchy of many, and we will fight as many of you rebels for as long as it takes." He says confidently. "There's only one problem. We're not the rebels anymore." I jump in. "What are you saying?" He asks. "With the queen gone I'm next in command." I explain. The guard winces. "Do you have proof?" "Yes, I signed a document." "Where is it?" He questions. "It's probably in her office. I'm sure I can find it." The guard stops me there. "I'll take you there. But not all of you, and certainly no birds." I grab Olivia's hand."She's coming with me." The guard sighs. "Fine." The hunter lowers his bow. "I'm coming with as well. You need your best fighter for this." "This is a cease fire." He says, annoyed. "I know, but one can never be too careful." The hunter replies. The guard groans. "Fine , but no one else."

No comments:

Post a Comment