Followers

Sunday, February 21, 2016

Sit and Think

I painted the kingdom red with my whimsical brand of anarchy. Things went missing, livestock showed up in places they weren't supposed to be. Up was down. Left as right. No one was safe. It was all in an effort to get my people to snap out of themselves. Wake up a bit. Not surprisingly it didn't work. Most of them had no context for pranks, so how do you explain something like that? I found myself onto of the cliff where the prisoners were once held. My legs were dangling off the edge. "Mind if I join you?" Peter asks. I nod slowly to him. He sits beside me. His legs also dangle off the edge. "You've been having some fun lately." He says. "I have. I only wish they could enjoy it." "Perhaps in time. I don't think they've caught up yet." We sit in silence for a moment. Neither one of us says a word. "What do you think I should do?" I ask. "I'm afraid I can't answer that." "I know." There is another brief silence. "What are your thoughts on the Cook's place?" He asks. I shrug. "It's weird, but as far as I'm concerned he has the real power." "What do you mean?" "He's in charge of our food. Hence he should be held in high regard." I explain. "That's very noble of you."  "I've always felt that way. Janitors also should be held in higher regard." I add. "I couldn't agree with you more." "Does this mean I'm onto something?" I ask. "I think it's a go to point."

No comments:

Post a Comment