Followers

Wednesday, February 10, 2016

David

That something that grabbed Ruth's attention was me. I played the role of David, tossing a rock at the back of her head. Unlike David, however, my Goliath did not tumble. Ruth peevishly turned to me. Her eyes were burning with anger. Out of the corner of my eye I saw a sword by my feet. Dare I pick it up? I had to defend myself somehow. I started to crouch. She opened her mouth, preparing to incinerate me. I stood up. She closed her mouth. It was obvious now that she was toying with me. Neither one of us moved for a moment. I knew she was much faster than me, but I also knew I had to fight to survive. I needed that sword. Trying my best to throw her off, I shot my arm out while still staring her down. She blasted a stream of fire directly beneath my arm. It instantaneously disintegrated the sword. I swallowed hard. She obliterated the only visible weapon, and I wasn't quick enough to snatch more rocks. I thought she had me. I then did the only thing I could think of. I backed away slowly. To my surprise, she stood perfectly still. I kept backing up, watching her get smaller and smaller. When I felt confident she wouldn't chase after me I turned around and ran for it. I ran like hell. I guess hell isn't fat enough because I could literally feel her breathing down my neck.

No comments:

Post a Comment