Followers

Thursday, February 4, 2016

FrontLine

I weaved through the grass maze without anymore interruptions. There was, however, one hiccup. Apparently the soldiers at the front line did not get the message to scat. Not only that, but they were attempting to break through the protective, pink bubble. I had to do something. I grabbed the nearest soldier I could find and threw him to the ground. I didn't have any time to celebrate my minor victory. Three soldiers immediately came to aide their fallen comrade. They drew their swords on me. "Traitor." One of them shouts. "I am no such thing." I reply. "Oh yeah? Then what's this all about? Why did you attack him?" He asks. "I had to. You guys were being idiots. I already gave out the orders to pull out the troops." "Orders?How could you give orders?" "Because I am the general." The three soldiers laugh. "If you are the general, then why aren't you dressed like us?" I roll my eyes. I should have figured I'd have to give them that speech again. "I can't be dressed like you because I'm the general. I have to stand apart. It shows authority." "I don't know. Something still doesn't feel right." He says. "Look around you. There are no other troops here besides yours." I explain. The soldier takes in my words. It appears as though he is about to make a decision when a falcon cry can be heard in the sky. "Son of a bitch. One of them got loose. " He says. "Yes, it did." I reply. The soldier lowers his sword. "I know what we can do. We can hide out and wait for the falcon to land. That may give them a false sense of security, and then we attack." I have to admit, his plan could work. Assuming that is, that Olivia keeps up her force field, and I am able to get Ruth first.

No comments:

Post a Comment