Followers

Sunday, April 3, 2016

Hanger

I glided the Wellness Center into a dark, jet hanger. I wanted to let everyone know that I was not a threat. So, as I jumped off the chains  I mad my presence known by shouting "hello" as softly as possible. I heard the stomping of boots in the distance and felt a slight relief. Then I saw a short, stout, military man appear from the shadows. He made direct eye contact with me and reached for his radio. "We have a breach in security. Stand by your positions." I raised my hands above my head. "I mean no harm."  "And just what are you doing in a government facility?" "I had no idea what this place was." I plead. The military man sneers. "You had no idea? You just happened to float in?" "Pretty much. I was looking for shelter from the storm." He rolls his eyes. "Give me some identification." I reached for my wallet. I hand him my driver's license. He views it carefully. " That your current address on here?" "Technically this building is." I say, tapping the chain to the Wellness Center. The military man looks up at the Wellness Center. He sighs and hands me back my ID. "I suppose you're fine." "Great, I'll tell the others." "Others?" He questions. "Yeah, they're inside." The military man's face stiffens. "Stay where you are. I'll be right back." Just like that he vanishes into the shadows, leaving me alone in the floating hanger.

No comments:

Post a Comment