Followers

Friday, April 22, 2016

Jones Trembles

Jones, the fresh faced soldier tried his best to give off an air of confidence when guarding us, but we knew better. We could see the end of his assault rife shaking. "You don't have to do this." Olivia says. "I have orders." He replies. "I know. You don't have to do this " Olivia repeats. "Shut up. You don't know anything." He says, trying to sound bigger than he really was. Olivia's eye's widen. "I don't know anything?" "That's right. That's why I'm here, and you two are there." "So, does that mean that you know more than me?" Olivia questions. "I think I do." "Then why did she leave you here on this godforsaken island?" Olivia asks. "She'll be back."He says with a shaky voice. "I wouldn't be to sure of that." I chime in. "Your sergeant left because she was afraid." Olivia taunts. "It wasn't worth the risk." He shouts. Olivia shakes her head. "That's a shame because she was so close to the mask." "You shut your mouth. For all I know you two are dirty, rotten, no good liars." "I understand where you are coming from, Jones, but there is a suspicious looking mound of dirt by your feet." Olivia says, calmly. Jones eyes the mound of dirt. "You want to take a look at that?" Olivia asks. "I think I might." Jones crouches down, still aiming the gun at us. "I give you my word Jones, we won't go anywhere." Olivia assures. Jones carefully examines the mound. He brushes dirt away with his hand, and we can clearly see a broken goggle lens. "Is that what I think it is?" Jones asks. We don't respond. We instead let him pull out the mask instead. He holds up the mask with horrified, apologetic look on his face. "I'm gonna radio Sergeant back now."

No comments:

Post a Comment