Followers

Sunday, April 17, 2016

Searching

Sgt. Rodgers let Olivia and myself stay with the pilot while we search for a parachute that might or might not be there. I thought it was a kind gesture at first, then I realized while we were up front, Sgt. Rodgers was with troop in the back. I'm sure she took the extra time to feed them rhetoric about how we were not to be trusted. It was frustrating, but I couldn't give in to petty annoyances. "What's that?" Olivia points to a flapping cloth in the distance. "Can you see what that is?" I ask our pilot. He flies to the area in question. Olivia and I examine the spot carefully. We have no validation from a closer vantage point. It still just looks like a dirty, tattered, white cloth. "You think that's it?" I ask Olivia. "I don't know. It could be." "Is this what we are searching for?" The pilot asks us. Olivia and I look at each other. "I need an answer." He says. "We think it could be. It probably is." I reply. "Do you want me to keep going?" He asks. "No. Stop here. We'll search on the ground." I say. The pilot nods. "I'll hover here. Get sergeant. She'll know what to do."

No comments:

Post a Comment