Followers

Friday, April 29, 2016

Todd's Fort

"Ta da!" Todd proudly exclaims while extending his arm in the direction of the massive rubble. O'Neil looks around puzzled thinking this is a joke. "What's going on?" He asks. "I finished." "Finished what?" "I made something out of all that like you wanted me to." Todd says. "Did you?" "I did. Don't you see it?" "No, I don't." "It's right there." O'Neil squints his eyes. "Do you want me to show you?" Todd asks, in a frustrated tone. "I do." O'Neil replies. Todd walks up to the huge pile.
"Do you see it now?" Todd asks with his back turned to O'Neil. "No, I don't." Todd sighs loudly. He opens a small door. He then proceeds to walk inside the rubble. Once inside, Todd glances out a small window. O'Neil could see it all too clearly now. Todd  had made himself a small, brick home in the middle of the large pile. "You made a fort. Cute." O'Neil sneers. "It's more than a fort." Todd replies. "It can do other stuff?" O'Neil replies with doubt in his voice. "Loads." "I would love to see what else it could do." "Are you sure?" Todd asks. "Positive." "Ok. Don't say I didn't warn you." O'Neil, expecting nothing to happen, crosses his arms and stands with a cocky smile. Todd fidgets with something inside. A moment later Todd's small, circular, brick home shoots out of the rubble. Todd almost hits O'Neil in his escape. O'Neil has to jump out of the way last minute. Without warning, Todd smashes through a wall. The long chain is still connected to the brick house, and with it bits of the rubble from the Wellness Center. O'Neil watches dumbfounded as the chain and rubble leave the room. He then decides he wants to go for ride. O'Neil grabs a hold of the chain. He is going to see just exactly where Todd is headed.

No comments:

Post a Comment