Followers

Friday, April 8, 2016

More Questions

With no one to talk to and nothing to distract me, time passed by slowly in the surveillance room. I could hear the second hand ticking away. It was the only noise in the whole room. Just me and tick, tick , tick, tick. It was driving me nuts. I was so happy when the door flung open and I saw Olivia and Todd. I gave them each a huge hug, and then Sgt. Rodgers strolled in. "I hate to break up the love fest, but we must get back to work." We break apart at once. Sgt. Rodgers eyes Olivia and Todd. "You two were also abducted two years ago?" "I was, he wasn't." Olivia replies. "And how do you know him?" She asks. "I'm their boss." Todd says. "But you weren't abducted with them?" Sgt. Rodgers questions. "I didn't know them yet." He says, defensively. "Alright, well stick around. I'm sure we'll need you soon." "I'm sorry. What is this about?" He asks. "I'll get to that. Take a seat." Olivia and I comply. Todd remains standing. "You destroyed my home."  "It was a necessary precaution." "How so?" The sergeant scowls. "Simple. You stumbled into a secret military base without authorization. Take a seat." Todd puts up no further fight and sits down. "There, now that we have that unpleasantness out of the way, continue." Olivia searches her mind. "Um, we crashed into the ocean." "Which one?" She asks, more sternly. "I think Atlantic." Sgt. Rodgers smiles. "And then you swam to an island." "Yes." Sgt Rodgers leans back in her seat. "That all?" She asks. "Yeah." I respond. Sgt. Rodgers shakes her head. "I don't think so. What happened to the spaceship?"  "It sunk." I say. "You didn't think to look for the wreckage?" "We did." "And?" "There was nothing there." "Liar!"She screams. Sgt. Rodgers jumps out of her seat and walks to the door. "You three can sit in here until you come up with a better story."

No comments:

Post a Comment