Followers

Monday, April 18, 2016

Under the Parachute

We climbed down ropes from the helicopter to the heart of the jungle. I couldn't tell you what my lunch looked like this afternoon, let alone a mangled, white parachute from two years ago. However, I think it was safe to assume it was ours. Sgt. Rodgers eyed the white cloth with her troop. "Is that what we're looking for?" She asks. "Yes. So is that, and that, and that." I say pointing to the various areas the parachute was spread. I counted five trees in total it was caught on. "You said it was underneath the tree?" "Yes, but I don't know which one." I reply. "That's fine. We have the manpower. Everybody start digging." She shouts. "With what?" Olivia questions. "You have hands." Sgt. replies, coldly. Olivia and I start to dig into the earth with our hands. "Sergeant, take a look at this." A soldier cries out. "This had better be good." She says rolling her eyes. The sergeant walks away, leaving Olivia and myself alone to dig. She come back just a moment later. "I think you two better come take a look at this as well."

No comments:

Post a Comment