Followers

Thursday, April 14, 2016

Tour

Lackluster was not a strong enough word to describe the tour of the hanger. Todd was expecting to see top - secret war planes. Instead he got broom closets, coat rooms, and corridors. It's possible that O'Neil had no clue where anything remotely exciting was. He was kept in the dark about other matters, so it didn't seem far fetched at all. At any rate, while viewing the winter coat room (Exactly what it sounds like. A coat room specifically for winter garments.) Todd felt a yawn coming over him. He tried his best to conceal it, but his efforts where in vain. Realizing that he was losing Todd, O'Neil led him down a long and winding corridor to an office break room. It looked like any typical break room. There were tables spread out, a coffee maker, and a water cooler. There was even a lounge area in the far corner with a leather couch and a flat screen T.V. "I call this the coffee room because this is where I get coffee." "I see." "Would you like a coffee?" He asks. "No thanks." "But I saw you yawn. You must be tired." Todd doesn't respond. "I'm boring you, aren't I?" "No it's not that it's-" "What? You think I'm a terrible host?" O'Neil starts to hyperventilate. "You're fine. I just had higher expectations I guess." "Higher expectations? What were you expecting to see?" O 'Neil questions. Todd wants to say airplanes or alien technology, but he remains silent. "Everything I've shown you is top of the line. The T.V. over there is state of the art." "Yeah. It's a beauty." Todd says, changing the subject. "You think it looks nice?" "I do." O'Neil sighs. "You want to play Halo?" Todd half smiles. "I don't really play video games." "I don't much either. One of the guys bought it." "That means I can beat you?" Todd asks. O'Neil raises an eyebrow. "We'll see."

No comments:

Post a Comment