Followers

Thursday, April 28, 2016

Wake Up

O'Neil rested Todd on a doctor's bed. He slapped Todd's face before he realized that dowsing him with freezing, cold water would be a better way to go. Todd opened his eyes slowly. "You're awake. I'm so glad." O'Neil exclaims. "Where am I?" Todd asks. "You're in the medical wing. How are you feeling?" "Dizzy." "Here, take this." O'Neil says, offering a glass of water. Todd grabs the glass and takes a big gulp. "So, when do you think you'll be able to work again?" O'Neil asks. Todd glares at O'Neil. "What?" He responds, without a clue. "I just passed out and the first thing you ask me is when will I be able to go back to work?" "To be fair that's not the first thing I asked you." O'Neil replies. Todd stares hard at him. "Well, when are you going back?" He asks. "You have got a lot of nerve." "I'm just doing my job." Todd shakes his head. "If find your lack of humanity disturbing, but everything is done anyways." "Done? What are you talking about?" "The task  you asked me to do? I'm done with it." "Don't try to squirm out of this. I was there. There was nothing but rubble in that room." O'Neil says, sternly. "I suggest you take another look then." O'Neil clenches his teeth. "Fine, but if I go back there you're coming with me."

No comments:

Post a Comment