Followers

Saturday, April 30, 2016

The Broken Mask

Sgt. Rodgers and her troop took their sweet time. When they finally showed up it was obvious that she didn't want to be there, but rather, felt she had to. "Is that it?" She asks Jones, eyeing the mask in his hand. "Yes ,Sergeant." Jones hands Sgt. Rodgers the mask. She examines it carefully. "The lens is broken." "I noticed that myself."Jones boasts. Sgt. Rodgers continues to examine the mask. "But it fits the description we have in the data base." "Does that mean we can go?" Olivia asks. Sgt. Rodgers thinks for a moment. "I don't know. I don't know if this works or if it's junk." "We can make this work." I say. Sgt. Rodgers smiles smugly and hands us the mask. Olivia wears the mask. She takes a large step back, as if she just received a vision. "She's seen something!" A soldier shouts. "It would appear so. And what would be going on now?" Sgt. Rodgers questions. "I don't know. I just feel a surge of power going through me." Olivia shouts in excitement. She generates a force field through her hands. With in seconds she is surrounded by her pink bubble. The soldiers stand in awe. Sgt. Rodgers, however, sees through the facade. "Impressive. Mind if I try on the mask ?" Sgt. Rodgers asks, placing her hand on the force field. "I don't think I can remove it now." Olivia says, trying her best to lie under pressure. "That's fine." Sgt. Rodger turns away from Olivia and walks towards me. "But you lied to me." "We did not." I says, defensively. "You did, and you wasted my time." Sgt. Rodger's aims her assault rifle at me. "You're coming with me." Sgt. Rodgers turns to Olivia. "And you're staying here. Don't try to follow me. Jones will watch you to make sure you don't attempt an escape."

No comments:

Post a Comment