Followers

Sunday, April 10, 2016

Three Caballeros

"She's lost her mind" Todd chuckles to himself. Neither Olivia nor I respond. "Don't you think." We still don't say a word. "Oh come on. Have you two lost it as well?" "We haven't lost anything." I say. "It must be all of the stress. That's what it is." He replies, sharply. "It's not stress. We did get abducted." Olivia says. "What's with you two?" "You don't believe us?" Olivia asks. "No. I think you've both gone loony on me." "Really? After all we've seen? You don't think it's possible that we may have been abducted at one point." I ask. "Nothing we did was ever out of the ordinary." He says. "What about the falcons? That weird society?" Olivia asks. Todd shakes his head. "All in a days work." I lean forward. "What about that mysterious yellow substance?" Todd squints his eyes. "How could I forget? It destroyed the first Wellness Center." "My point is that that stuff was extraterrestrial. Knowing that don't you think its possible we could have been abducted?" Todd rolls his eyes. "I guess."  Olivia and I smile. "Well, now we have more information. Now we can get her back in here." He says. "No, I don't think that's enough for her." I remark. "What did happen to that spaceship?" Olivia asks. I shrug. "It disappeared." "But we did find something, right?" "Yeah, we found that third eye helmet." "You think she could be looking for that?" Olivia wonders. "It's possible, but we have no idea where it is." "No, but we can always make up something if she asks. Get her back in here." Olivia urges. I do the only thing I can think of at that moment. I bang on the one way mirror as hard as I possibly can with my fist. A minute later the heavy, steel door swings open. Sgt. Rodgers enters with an unusually calm demeanor. "Ready to talk?"

No comments:

Post a Comment