Followers

Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Wrecking Crew

"The storm has passed." Todd declares calmly. "How do you know?" Olivia asks. "I just do." Olivia shakes her head. "Alright. You want to get out of here?" "Yes." Todd and Olivia stumble out of the darkened room. Not long after a loud bang could be heard outside the Wellness Center followed shortly by a tremendous shaking. It knocks both Olivia and Todd down. "I thought you said the storm has passed." Olivia shouts. "It did. That was something else." "What was it?" "I don't know. I'll check it out." Todd walks in to the dark room. There is another loud band, and Olivia gets knocked down again. "Todd, I don't think the storm is over." There is no response. Olivia decides to shout louder. "Did you hear me? It's not over. There is still a mighty storm." Todd creeps out of the dark room with his had hanged low. "What's the matter?" Todd lifts his head. He has water in his eyes. "They're destroying my home." He sobs. "Who is?" "I don't know, but they have sledgehammers. They've just about taken down the chimney." "What?" She says in disbelief. "It's being destroyed. All my hard work is going down the drain." "Todd, we have to get out of here." "I didn't even get a chance to finish it." Olivia shakes Todd. "Listen, that sucks. It really does, but right now we have bigger problems. If we don't leave this instant we will be hurt very badly."

No comments:

Post a Comment