Followers

Monday, April 4, 2016

Sgt. Rodgers

A moment later the stout military man reemerged with what appeared to be his commanding officer. She was a tall woman. Almost a full foot taller than the stout man. She had blonde hair that was pulled tightly behind her ears. She wore green camouflage, and had the sternest look on her face. "State your business." "Miss, I -" "Miss!" She roars. "Do I look like a adolescent female waiting for a chance to take out the Maserati?" "No?" I say, unsure of myself. "Then why are you calling me miss?" "I don't know. I thought it was polite." She huffs. "Polite? At least you didn't call me Ma'am. Do I look 80?" "No, you do not?" I say, more confused. She takes a deep breath. "Good. Now that we have that out of the way." She stares me dead in the eye. "State your business." "I'm only here by accident." She laughs to herself. "It's true." I insist. The stout man decides to chime in. "He brought others." The sergeant turns to the officer. She stares at him coldly for a moment. "Did I ask you to speak? You will speak when spoken to." She turns back to me. "Is that true?" "Yes, I can go get them." The sergeant shakes her head. "No, I'll deal with it. O' Neil!" "Yes, sergeant." The stout man replies. "Take this man away. Put this man away somewhere secure." O'Neill places his hand on my arm. She starts to carry me off. "What about the others?" I shout. The sergeant glances up at the Wellness Center. "We'll  take about your ship bit by bit, and then we'll see exactly what you are hiding. Take him away now."

No comments:

Post a Comment