Followers

Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Piles

O'Neil showed Todd the remnants of the Wellness Center. There was a pile of bricks, a pile for siding and shingles, and one for random odds and ends. All three piles were placed on the cold, steel table in the surveillance room. Todd could do little else than stare at the massive piles that nearly touched the ceiling. "What's the matter?" O'Neil asks. "What do you think. I worked hard on this. Granted I was no where near done, but this was mine." "I was only following orders." O'Neil says, consolingly. "I still don't understand that." "What's not to understand? You were in a secure area without authorization. We had to take caution." "I guess. It's just such a shame." Todd says, with a sigh. "It is, but you can rebuild it. In fact, that is exactly what you should do." "I know I can. It will take a while though." O'Neil backs up to the door. "That's fine. Take your time. Take all the time you need." O'Neil exits the room, but Todd is too engrossed in the piles to notices. O'Neil slams the door behind him and securely locks it.

No comments:

Post a Comment