Followers

Thursday, April 21, 2016

Not Working

Todd stared at the massive piles for the remainder of the day. He didn't budge a muscle. He barely even blinked. He just sat and stared for hours on end. "Doesn't look like you've made any progress." O'Neil says through an intercom attached to the ceiling. "I haven't." Todd replies, unphased. "This is not good. You need to work." "No, I don't." He says, lethargically. "We need you." "I know. I can't believe I trusted you in the first place." "I'm not your friend." O'Neil says, firmly. "I know. It felt like that for a while though." "Sorry. But it was all part of the plan." Todd shakes his head. "There are others in the hanger, aren't there?" He asks. "Of course. How else do you think I got all this in here? While we were playing games someone was setting this room up." Todd sighs. "I'm so stupid." "No. You are a smart man, but know you need to use your wits for us." "Why should I help you?" "Because it is your duty as a citizen." "Not of your country." Todd says, defiantly. "You're here now, so you will help us." "No." "Then you leave me no choice." "What are you going to do?" Todd says, trying to sound unworried. O'Neil doesn't respond, but a loud clanking can be heard overhead. "Did you hear that?" O'Neil asks. "Yeah, what was that?" "The heat. I turned it up, and I will continue to crank it up until you work." "That's the best you got?" "You have no idea how warm it can get. I suggest you get to work now. Unless, that is, you want to see for yourself what hell feels like."

No comments:

Post a Comment