Followers

Tuesday, November 29, 2016

After the Banshees

We raced in the direction of the horrendous, wailing banshee. This time I remembered how to deal with the spirit. This time I was going to create a powerful ruckus to drive it away. However, the closer I got, the sicker I felt. The high pitched noise was attempting to bring me to my knees. I wanted to fall down. I wanted to succumb, but I knew I couldn't. I powered on in my weakened state. As soon as I was ready to make some sort of noise I heard a Bang! Bang! Bang! The wailing abruptly stopped after that. "What was that?" Olivia asks. "Sgt. Rodgers. She knows how to deal with those things." " I guess that's good. Where is she?" The two of us look down the long, dark tunnel. "She must have left." I say. "I guess that's for the better." We walk along the tunnel until we see a split in the path."Which way?" I ask. Olivia extends her ear. "This way." She says pointing to the left. "I hear footsteps." We take the left. I hear the footsteps draw closer to us. "Sgt. Rodgers, is that you?" There is no response, and the footsteps draw even closer. "Sgt. Rodgers? That was a nice thing you did for us back there." There is still no response. "I don't think that's her." Olivia says, nervously. "No, it isn't." A familiar voice calls back. It then turns on a flashlight, and I can see it is Davies surrounded by many, many soldiers. "It's not Sgt. Rodgers at all, but perhaps you could tell us where she is?"

No comments:

Post a Comment