Followers

Saturday, November 19, 2016

Explain

Sgt. Rodgers stared at the yellow globe for a long while. I could tell she had seen it before, but wanted me to talk first. "It's from above ground." I say finally. "Uh huh." "You know the big, yellow smiley face?" I ask. "I've heard of it." "Well, this is from it." "Why did you take it?" "Bait." I say simply. "Bait?" She repeats. "Yeah, this is part of the smiley face. The smiley face is looking for it." " So, you thought to bring it down here where I currently reside?" She blurts. "Well, yeah. We're gonna corner it and then attack." "That's a terrible idea." "It's not that bad." I reply. "No, it is. It is horrifying. And where are the others?" "Sleeping." Sgt. Rodgers eyes widen. "There is a monster lurking and you left them alone?" Sgt. Rodgers walks past me. "Where are you going?" I ask. "I'm going to protect your people because obviously you can't do that"

No comments:

Post a Comment