Followers

Thursday, November 10, 2016

Missing Piece

We were sprawled out on the floor for hours. No one knew what to do. Big changes were in the air, and most likely nothing good. My stomach was in knots. We were all in various stages of disbelief. At one point Freddy's  yellow globe dropped out of his paws and landed by my feet. I studied it for a moment. "This is from the smiley face, isn't it?" "Yeah it is." I watch intense, yellow flicker of lights appear outside the window. " I think it wants it back." "Yeah, I guess." Freddy says, dejected. I stand up and prepare to chuck it out the window. "No, don't do that!" Norm shouts. "And why not?" I ask. "Think about it. That thing came from the smiley face. If you throw it back that'll only make it stronger." "That actually makes sense." Olivia says. "Okay then what should we do?" I ask nervously. Norm takes a deep breath. "Only one thing we can do right now. Ride this out till morning."

No comments:

Post a Comment