Followers

Friday, November 18, 2016

"War is Over"

"You saved me." I say, clutching my chest. Sgt. Rodgers finally lowers her gun and places it in the holder. "I was saving myself. You just happened to be there." I get to my feet. "Well, thanks anyways." Sgt. Rodgers makes a face. "Think nothing of it. Really." Sgt. Rodgers turns to walk away. "Wait. How did you know firing the gun would work?" I ask. She lets out a frustrated sigh. "I didn't. I just knew creating a loud noise would throw it off. But now I wish I didn't do that because I only had a finite amount of bullets." Sgt. Rodgers walks away. I run after her. "Where did the banshee come from?" I ask, out of breath. "I don't know. This is an old city. There is probably many more of them." She says annoyed. "Then can you help us?" "No. Why should I? You ditched me." "Ditched you!" I shout. "We did nothing of the sort. You locked us in that car." "You ever think I  did that for your own protection?" She says with intense, angry eyes. I shrink a little. "I guess I didn't think. " "No you didn't. And that's all too obvious with the million dollars worth of damages you did to the tunnels. I bet you didn't even know that was the one working car." "I didn't." I reply sheepishly. "Yeah, well you can go back to your people now. The war is over. Every man for himself." I stare at her for a moment. "I said go." She snarls. I quietly take the yellow globe out of my pocket and show it to her. She studied it for a moment, then looks up at me."What did you do?"

No comments:

Post a Comment