Followers

Friday, November 4, 2016

In the Big Muddy

I could not see Olivia, Fredfy, or Norm, and screaming for help was impossible. The mud around my neck was thick, and seriously restricted any air flow. I could not move and I could not cry for help. It was clear to me I only had one option. I closed my eyes and took in my as much air as I could. As I sank deeper and deeper in the mud I noticed my body grew lighter. I'm sure it was due to lack of oxygen in my brain, but it was an interesting sensation none the less. It was like sleeping underwater. Perhaps I was shifting into the dreamtime. I have no idea how long I held my breath. It could have been hours. It sure felt like it. All I know is that when it seemed as though my head and body could take no more, my eyes suddenly opened. I then found myself sitting under a willow tree with a blanket wrapped around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment