Followers

Friday, November 25, 2016

Sgt. Rodgers' Return

I wasn't thrilled about Sgt. Rodgers leaving us, but I had to let it go. I had to think of better things. I couldn't let my mind go to dark places. She eventually came back. Naturally I asked her many questions about where she had been and why she was gone so long. She didn't say a word. She just took off her backpack, unzipped it, and poured out the contents. An entire bag full of yellow globes fell to the ground. "Is that what I think it is?" Norm gasps. "You're welcome." She says. "How'd you do it?" I ask. "I'm good. That's how." "That mean we can go back home?" Olivia asks. "Not yet. There is still more of it. This is only a small fraction." "It is impressive. But how did you do it?" I ask again. Sgt. Rodgers gets in my face. "This is a fine welcome back." "Were you seen?" I ask with gritted teeth. "You think I'm an amature?" "Were you seen?" I ask again. "It's possible that Eagle Eyes may have had some of his men there." She says. "Fuck! We have to leave." "Where?" She shouts. "I don't know, but if they saw you they probably followed you. They're gonna know we are here." Sgt. Rodgers smiles menacingly. "Good. Let them know we're here. We have guns, don't we?"

No comments:

Post a Comment