Followers

Friday, November 11, 2016

"Get Rid of It"

We left early the next morning. We never figured out who owned the house, and that only led me to assume that it was there specifically for us. A safe haven. Maybe it wasn't true at all, but it sure felt nice to believe that. We walked back through the marsh. This time it was dry as a bone. No mud to pull me down. I stared at the yellow globe the entire time. That is until Norm said something. "You still have that thing?" "Yep." "Get rid of it." He urges."But I've been thinking-" "No thinking. Just get rid of it. Toss it somewhere." But-" "But what?" He shouts. "This yellow globe is part of it, right?And the rest of the smiley face is attracted to this, right?" "Yes! And that's exactly why we need to lose that." Norm attempts to grab the globe. I pull away from him. "Hold on. I'm not done. Now we also know it's not as strong as it once was without out this piece." "What are you getting at?" Norm asks. "I think I know. You think we can kill it." Olivia says. "I know we can." I reply, confidently. "But how?" "We use this thing to lure it." I say, holding up the ball. "And then what? We don't have anyone on our side now." She shouts. I smile. "Yes, we do. Let's go underground."

No comments:

Post a Comment