Followers

Saturday, November 12, 2016

Tunnels Again

We walked the dark, subway tunnels. It was my idea to use the yellow globe as bait. Lure the monster underground and then attack. "You think this will work?" Olivia asks. "We'll see." I reply. There is a pause. "When do we stop?" She asks. "When we see it." "And if we don't see it?" "Then we don't stop." "Your instructions are incredibly vauge." She says, annoyed. "What do you want me to say?" "Hey! Isn't this where we found that lady?" Norm asks, changing the subject. "Sgt. Rodgers? Yeah." I say. "No. Don't tell me we are trying to find her." Olivia shouts. "We are trying to find the monster. If we so happen to find Sgt. Rodgers in the mean time I'm okay with that because I know she'd be able to help us."  Olivia stops in her tracks. "What makes you think she'll help us?" I shrug. "She might not. Then we are on our own." "This isn't well thought out." Olivia says. "Perhaps not, but it's the best idea we've got now."

No comments:

Post a Comment