Followers

Monday, November 14, 2016

Find a Place

We wandered the underground tunnels for some time. I was getting tired and hungry, and we were all getting on each others last nerve. "Where are we going exactly?" Norm asks. "I'm not sure." "Well, how do we know when we'll get there?" "I don't know!" I snap at Norm. He  recoils in silence. Olivia scolds me. "He was just asking a question. We're all curious." She says. "I know, but I don't know." "How 'bout we stop here?" Olivia asks. I take a good look at my surroundings. We're still in the subway tracks. "Are you kidding me?" I say. "What? It's an abandoned city. The chances of a subway car coming by while we're sleeping is slim." She replies. "But there's still a chance." "Then where do you suggest we go?" She asks. "Next platform we find we'll set up camp." I say calmly. "But that could be miles away." I sigh and shrug. "Then we'll walk for miles."

No comments:

Post a Comment