Followers

Monday, November 7, 2016

Bunk Beds

We took the stairs to the second floor. There were many doors that I  assumed contained bedrooms on the upstairs hallway, but only one of the doors was ajar. We took that as a sign to enter. It was a small room with a bunk bed. There was a window, but it was only as big as my face, and there was a large dresser that had baseball trophies and other memorabilia hanging off of it. I glanced at a medal that read "Most Valuable Player." "I don't think this is a bed and breakfast." I tell Olivia. "No, I don't either, but we'll pretend. Just for tonight." I nod. "I can do that." "That's a small window." she says, changing the subject. "Yeah, it's kinda pointless in my opinion." "And we have bunk beds." She says, less than thrilled. "We do. Which one do you want?" "You can take the top one." "Really?" "Yeah, I don't like heights." I smile big. This was the best news in a while. "Well, shall I turn out the lights?" She asks. "Not yet." I get on the end of the dresser. It is much heavier that I had anticipated, and it creates an awful noise, but when I'm done it completely blocks the door. No one can get in or out now. "That for the monsters?" She asks. "Or the owners of the house. I figure that won't be too happy if they come back." "Good idea." With that Olivia turns out the light.

No comments:

Post a Comment