Followers

Sunday, November 6, 2016

In the Willow Tree

The enterence to the willow tree was a small, dark corridor. It was a tight squeeze. We had to enter single filed and sideways, but it was worth it. The corridor openened up to Victorian style kitchen. Complete with a wood burning stove, floral wall paper, and a rotary phone. My mouth was wide open. I could not believe this was inside the tree. "Neat, huh?" Olivia says. "It sure is. What is this? Someone's house?" "I don't know, maybe. Maybe it's a bed and breakfast." I half smile. "You like that, don't you?" "If it were a bed and breakfast it would make me feel better about staying here at least." I say. "Well, we could always pretend it's a bed and breakfast." "Yes, we can pretend , but that doesn't make it true." "Nightfall is coming." She reminds. "I know, but what about your shield bubble? We can use that." "We can, but I need heightened concentration for that. At least to deal with these strange monsters we've been encountering." I take a sigh. "You're right. I'm guessing that leads to the rooms?" I say pointing to a staircase in the corner of the kitchen. "Probaby. We can grab the first room we see and then leave right away tomorrow."

No comments:

Post a Comment