Followers

Sunday, November 20, 2016

No Monsters Here

Sgt. Rodgers stayed with us a while and waited for the Smiley Face monster. After an hour of waiting, she made the decision to split. "You don't think it's gonna show up?" Olivia shouted to Sgt. Rodgers. "If it was going to it would have already." She replies. "What do we do now?" I ask. "Whatever the hell you want. You can stay down here if you like. Just try not to destroy anything else." Olivia looks to me. "We're not staying down here." Olivia intended for only me to hear that comment, but unfortunately Sgt. Rodgers heard as well. " Go to the surface then. Then you'll find your monsters, and no one will protect you." "We didn't mean it like that."  I say. "I know exactly how you meant it. Go then if it's so important to you. It's a game to you just like it is to them." "A game?" I repeat. "Yeah, a game. What didn't you understand about that?" She sneers.  "Did you mean that literally? Are we in a video game?" I ask. "Way to catch on." Sgt. Rodgers sarcastically claps her hands. "That means that if we're in a video game then that Smiley Face, that Pac Man thing could be the portal." I say excitedly. "It is, but they've hijacked the portal to their own benefit." But we can take it back." I say smiling. Sgt. Rodgers sighs. "How? There are way more of them then there are of us." I hold up the yellow globe. "We're already winning.  We just gotta get more of these pieces. Basically we have to stop them every morning, or at least collect as many yellow pieces as we possibly can every day." Sgt. Rodgers shakes her head. "It's a suicide mission, but what else am I going to do?"

No comments:

Post a Comment