Followers

Monday, July 20, 2015

A Crowd Gatters

Nothing will bring people into your library like remodling. I feel flattered that everyone at the Wellness Center threw caution to the wind and decided to see for themselves what was going. When I say everyone, I mean everyone. From Bethany, the accountant, to the guy at the front desk to the Minotaurs. They all wanted to know why there was so much racket coming from the library. Why the hammering and sawing. As soon as they crossed the caution tape, and saw the gaping hole in the ground, they were all stupified. They all stood there, mouths wide open, gazing at the ever increasing hole. I couldn't tell if they were fascinated or horrified. Perhaps a combination of the two. The only on who shared his thoughts with me was Peter. He came up to my side, and placed a hand on my shoulder. "This is a pretty big deal." He says to me. "Yep, we needed it." I reply. "That's arguable." "Trust me, you'll thank me when it's done. " I assure. Peter takes a deep breath. "There's no way to stop this? Is there?" He asks. "No, no turning back now." Peter shakes his head. "That's what I was afraid of." I look up at him. "What's the problem?" Before Peter has the slightest chance to asnswer my question, Todd storms in shouting obsenities. Very unlike him. I have a inkling I screwed up on this one. "What the hell is going on here?" He screams. Peter attempts to defend me. "Well, you see -" "No, I don't care, everybody out." At his angry request ,everyone but Peter and myself shuffle out of the library. They groan as they leave. Todd points to me. "You, in my office. Now!" Todd gets even more upset when he notices I'm not budging. "Why aren't you moving?" He shouts. "I have a feeling I'm in a lot of trouble. So, I don't know why we don't do this here." "Because I want to maintain some professionalism. Now move!"

No comments:

Post a Comment