Followers

Wednesday, July 29, 2015

The Speaker's Office

The speaker's office is adorned with certificates and awards of varying prestige. There is not a single blank space on the wall. It is cluttered with plaques, and all his shelves are filled with tiny golden statues. There is one particular award that catches my eye. It is a huge plaque labeled Golden Wings Recipient 2015. "That looks like something." I say. "Oh yes. I think that is my favorite one." "What is it for? I ask. "You never heard of the Golden Wings conference?" I shake my head no. "It is an annual event where all the big motivational speakers and self - help guros get together." "Does that mean you're the motivational speaker of the year?" "Something like that." He says, humbly. "Wow. You're a pretty big deal then?" "I guess you could say that." "Have you ever written a book?" I wonder. "I'm on the road so much, I don't have the time for that." "Then how did you win that award?" I question. "The old fashioned way. Word of mouth. There's a reason why the Wellness Center always sends their people here, it's because I'm great at what I do." "So, do you work for the Wellness Center?" I ask. The speaker sits at his desk. "Technically no. I'm more of what you would call a freelancer." "It's probably better that way. They have some strict rules." The speaker chuckles to himself. "What?" I ask. "I know about your unauthorized digging." "They told you about that?" "Yes, but don't worry it's not just you. They fax me notes on all their troublesome employees." "How did they know they know I'd come back here?" "They didn't. They only hoped." He says. I shake my head. "I wouldn't worry too much about them. They like to think they are an exclusive club, but they are not." He states. "What do you mean they're not. I had to go through hell just to become an honorary member?" "For the Wellness Center, yes, but there are countless other organizations that are similar. They just go by different names." "Basically you're telling me that they're a scam." "I didn't say that. They are legit, but I wouldn't let them get under your skin." He informs. "I won't , but it's not like I can go back any time soon." "Sure you can. If they have a problem, they can talk to me." I smile. "Thanks." "No problem. Just do what you have to do. You have a place to rest you head at night , but that doesn't mean you have to stay there all day." I thank him again, and I start to leave. "Wait, aren't you curious about my suggestion for an adventure?" He asks. I turn to the speaker. "I was also given the information that you paid for the library with a shield." He tells me. "Yeah, what about that?" "Where did the shield come from?" "I don't know. It was a strange element that forged itself over Olivia's bubble." "Where did the element come from?" He questions. "It's extraterrestrial.That's all I know." The speaker bites his lip. "You know there is more to that story. I would suggest investigating."

No comments:

Post a Comment