Followers

Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Principal's Office

Being sent to the Principal's office was always a nerve wracking experience. My palms would be sweating and my stomach would be turning. Sometimes times it felt like my breakfast would make a reappearance on the floor. I remember sitting outside the famous wooden doors, waiting for them to swing open. I was waiting for the man in charge to greet me, and tell me my sentence. Miraculously it was always a stern "You know better than this" or "what are we going to do with you?" That's all it ever was. I'm not sure why, but it was rarely if ever more than a talking to. I'm sure I'm in the minority , but I wish I could have circumnavigated those meetings. I never enjoyed lectures. Give me my jail time, but don't talk down to me. I'm still not positive if Todd is the man in charge or if there are people above him. All I know is being in his office now brings back all those nasty memories. "What were you thinking?" He condescendingly asks. "I was making a hidden room." "Yeah, you told me that part. I want to know what possessed you to do that?" I shrug. "I thought we needed it." Todd turns red. " You thought we needed it?! What is wrong with you?" "I don't see what the problem is. I own the library." I state. "You own the library, but you don't own the Wellness Center." I squint my eyes. "The floor that you so carelessly dug into is property of the Wellness Center. You can't own that, and you'll never own that." He clarifies. "That's fine. What if I just asked permission to dig." I question. Todd shakes his head. "It's too late for that. You pissed off a lot of people." "What did I do?" I ask. "Beside digging a massive hole, you let in outsiders to our community." He explains. "Are you talking about the construction crew?" "Yes." "No, they're cool." Todd's eyes widen. "Oh, that's great that you think they're cool. You only breached security." "Can't we just erase their memories like in Men in Black?" I ask. Todd rubs his face. "We don't do that." There is a brief silence. " I don't know what to do with you. I really want to kick you out, but unfortunately you signed a contract with us, and I can't break it. Not that easily." "So, I can stay." I say, confused. Todd half smiles. " I may not be able to expel you, but I can suspend you." "What? Where am I supposed to go.?" I ask. "I don't care, but stay away from the Wellness Center for at least a week."

No comments:

Post a Comment