Followers

Thursday, July 23, 2015

Between Weeks


I didn't sleep much last night. I could blame it on being in a new place, but I know that's not the case. I miss her. Oh God, do I miss her. I carry on with my life as best I can , but thoughts of loneliness creep in my mind. It makes my heart heavy and my body lethargic. I know that keeping busy is the best thing for me. The problem is in order to keep busy I need energy. Currently I am in short supply of that due to insomnia. I would have stayed in bed all morning if the aroma of bacon didn't grab my attention. I stumble to a kitchen on the far side of the building. Once there I am greeted by the motivational speaker. He wears red silk pajamas and leans over a skillet. "Glad you're here. Would you like some orange juice?" He asks. "Yes, please." "It's in the fridge." I walk over to the refrigerator and pull out a gallon of orange juice. "Glasses are in the cabinet." He says. I glance at the many cabinets in the kitchen. The speaker opens a cabinet above the stove and takes a glass. "Sorry, I forget it's not automatic for everyone." He says, while handing the glass to me. I take a seat at the kitchen table. "I didn't see this kitchen last time." I tell him. "Not everyone gets to. I only allow my special guests to enter." "I'm special?" I ask in astonishment. "Oh, you're something." He grabs two plates from the cabinet. "I hope you eat well. We have a big day ahead of us." I rub my eyes. " I bet.Would you by any chance have any coffee?" "I do not." "That's a shame." "Why? Are you tired?" He asks. "Yes, very. I didn't sleep much." The speaker smiles. "Good." "How is that good?" I question. "It's good for me because that means you're more likely to follow my instructions."

No comments:

Post a Comment