Followers

Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Lobby Zombie

I have no idea what I'm watching. I think it is some sort of sport, but there have been so many commercials that I honestly forgot. Not that I was paying close attention in the first place. Pretty much as soon as I got to the lobby I plopped down on the nearest couch that faced the T.V. I have coffee. I haven't taken one sip of it. I just hold it in my right hand and let it grow cold. Olivia sits next to me. She's been there for a while. At least ten minuets. I haven't even said a word to her. I've been absorbed in my current state of nothingness. "Sorry I left." I say, still staring at the T.V. "That's ok. I know sometimes you gotta do your own thing." I nod. "Is there a lot left?" I ask. "Not much. You should check it out. It looks pretty good." I turn to her finally. "Yeah?" "Yeah, I created a historical fiction section." I half smile. "I like the sound of that." "So, you ready to check it out?" She asks. There is a beat. "What the matter?" "You think we can do this?" I question. "Hard part's almost over." She replies. "No it's not. The hard part is getting people to come to the library." "Who cares if they don't. We still have a kick ass library regardless." She responds. "I guess you're right." Olivia chuckles. "Of course I'm right. Now, let's go."

No comments:

Post a Comment