Followers

Friday, July 3, 2015

Back to Work

"You know, we have tables and desks." Olivia says to me while placing a large box of books by my feet. I'm still sprawled out on the floor. "I know. I prefer reading like this." I reply. "Whatever makes you happy. Could you give me a hand though?" I clasp "There's Treasure Everywhere " shut. She has perfect timing. I literally finished the last panel when she walked by. "So, were you getting ideas?" She asks, referring to my Calvin and Hobbes books. "More so just relaxing. It's a nice little escape." "I get that, but next time when you go for a midnight walk could you leave a note?" I look down. She got me. "Yeah, sorry." I say. "It's fine. Um , I didn't do much work. Mostly just talked to Malory." I squint. "Malory? The librarian?" She clarifies. "That's her name?" I ask, surprised . "You've been here all morning, how do you not know her name?" Olivia questions . I shrug. " I don't know. I just took my books and walked off." Olivia chuckles. "We should tweak your people skills." "Yeah, I suppose." I glance at the box of books. "Where's that going?" "That's the problem. In order to shelf those books, I need to rearrange everything." Olivia replies. "And they won't fit in Mind, Body, or Spirit?" I ask. "They could, but we need subcategories. We want people to be able to find what they are looking for easily." "I'm sensing work." I groan. Olivia smiles. "You knew it was inevitable." I nod in agreement. "It won't be bad. We're in charge." Olivia continues. "Does that mean I can suggest bringing back microfiche?" Olivia nods. "Sure, if that's what you want."

No comments:

Post a Comment