Followers

Thursday, July 9, 2015

Circle of Feelings


I shouldn't be surprised to learn that this retreat is more of a therapy thing. No one will admit that, but no one has to. It's fairly obvious. When the speaker has everyone sit in a circle and talk about feelings there is little else it could be. Yet, it seems as though everyone is eating this up. Why? Don't they know that this man is just trying to pick their brains? I see it clear as day. Even if no one else does. He likes to play a game while we're in the circle. He'll toss the ball to a random person. Once we catch the ball we have to answer a personal question, and then throw it to someone else. Every time I get the ball I answer as short as I can and toss it right away. I act like it's hot potato. I never hold it longer than a few seconds. Sometimes I speak so fast only mumbles come out. I know it's rude, but I don't know him. He doesn't know me. As far as I'm concerned, I don't have to answer anything. Unfortunately, my strategy only peeks his interest in me. This will be an interesting retreat indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment