Followers

Sunday, July 26, 2015

Guest Room

There is no mirror in my room. Not that I need to see my reflection to know that I have blood shot eyes at this early hour. I hear sounds from the outside world. Birds chirping, leaves rustling, and people playing. Nothing that will make me budge. It's a mixture of sloth, and tiredness. The speaker bangs loudly on the bed room door. I throw a pillow over my face. I'd like to avoid that noise from the outside world as well. "Wake up. It's a beautiful day." He announces. "Is it?" "Oh yes, it's quite lovely." I roll on my side. "I'm sure it is, and I'm sure in another couple of hours it will still be nice." "Come on, I already let you sleep in lounger than you should." He says. "Just one more hour." "No now. Open the door." I sigh, but I remain motionless. "Why now?" I ask. "Because you are on my premises and you said you would obey my rules." "Shit, you got me." "I promise if you open the door now we'll just go for a walk around the reservoir. I won't make you bring up any emotional stuff." I spring to the door. "You've got a deal."

No comments:

Post a Comment