Followers

Saturday, July 11, 2015

About the Trip

"How was it? What did you think?" Malory asks eagerly. "I enjoyed the retreat. I can't speak for everyone though." Olivia says while eyeing me. "It's just not what I thought it would be." I reply, defensively. "What were you expecting?" Malory questions. "I thought I'd learn more about maintaining a library." Malory 's jaw practically drops. "Those were some of our core beliefs. You were supposed to integrate what you learned from the retreat with what you already know." I snap my fingers. "Missed opportunity." "That it was." Malory says. "I'm better off . I never needed that retreat. Work is my therapy." I quip. Malory raises her eyebrow. "That's troubling." "No it's not. I'd rather work than stay stagnant. Nothing is worse than being stagnant." "I suppose that's true." She utters. "It is. Everyone needs a sense of purpose. I think I found mine here." "No kidding?" Olivia replies. I nod. "I'm happy to hear that. I hope it won't upset you, but while you were gone we shelved all the books." Malory informs. "Where did you put them?" Olivia asks. "We had a few extra shelves . Nothing is labeled yet. We'd really like your opinions." Olivia looks at me. "Let's go. We have work to do."

No comments:

Post a Comment